1. The properties of silane coupling agent KH-550
The silane coupling agent KH-550 is an amino functional group silane, which is alkaline. It is a colorless or slightly yellow transparent liquid with strong versatility, which is soluble in organic solvents, but acetone and carbon tetrachloride are not suitable as diluents. It is soluble in water and hydrolyzed in water. Boiling point: 217℃, density: P25'g/m10.946, refractive index: ND25: 1.4205, flash point: 104℃, molecular weight: 221.4.
2. Industry use of silane coupling agent KH550
(1) Silane coupling agent KH-550 belongs to amino silane general coupling agent, which is currently the most widely used silane coupling agent. It has two functional groups, namely amino and ethoxy. Among them, three hydrolyzable groups (ethoxy) are firstly hydrolyzed to produce silanol during the reaction. Because silanol is unstable, it is easily combined with the hydroxyl groups on the surface of inorganic matters or metals so as to to be combined with inorganic matters or metals.
There are two active hydrogens on the amino group, which can react with various polymers, so that two materials with completely different properties can be tightly combined through chemical bonds. Silane coupling agent KH550 is widely used in various industries such as glass fiber reinforced plastics, coatings, casting, plastics, adhesives, sealants, textile printing and dyeing.
(2) Paint, adhesive and sealant industry. Silane coupling agent KH-550 is an excellent adhesion promoter. It can be used for polyurethane, epoxy, nitriles, phenol, adhesives and sealing materials. It can improve the dispersion of pigments and increase the adhesiveness with glass, aluminum, and iron metals. It is also suitable for polyurethane, epoxy and acrylic latex coatings.
(3) Silane coupling agent KH550 is used in mineral-filled phenolic aldehyde, polyester, epoxy, PBT, polyamide, carbonic ester and other thermoplastic and thermosetting resins, which can greatly improve and enhance the dry and wet flexural strength, compression resistance, shear strength and other physical and mechanical properties and wet electrical properties of plastics, and improve the wetting and dispersibility of fillers in polymers.
(4) For the chilled resin sand in the foundry industry, as long as a small amount of coupling agent is added to the resin to dissolve itself, the strength of furan sand is increased, the amount of resin added is greatly reduced, and the cost is reduced. Therefore, adding the silane coupling agent KH550 is a very favorable measures in the foundry industry.