The polyether modified silicone oil is a unique silicone nonionic surfactant which is obtained by graft copolymerization of polyether and dimethylsiloxane.
When making products, polyether modified silicone oil
can obtain various silicone surfactants with different properties by modifying the number of silicone oil chains or changing the ratio of polyether Eo to Po and changing the number of chain links and terminal groups, to meet the needs of a variety of industries.
Use ofmodified silicone oil:
1. In the plastic greenhouse industry: it can be added as an internal additive to plastics to produce anti-fog and improve light transmittance in a non-drip film greenhouse.
2. Used in fabric finishing agent: it is soft, especially suitable for underwear, bed sheets, towels, etc. It is not only soft, but also absorbs sweat and is comfortable to wear.
3. The leveling agent used in paints and polyurethane pastes can reduce the internal friction and stress of the molecules, thereby functioning as a leveling and defoaming.
4. Used to make high-efficiency cutting fluid, high-grade cleaning agent.
5. It is used as a foam stabilizer for foaming of rigid foam polyurethane system to make the cells fine and uniform.
6. This product is used in the cosmetics industry to make cream products, which can lubricate the skin, moisturize and anti-wrinkle effect.
7. The pesticide industry is used as a wetting agent for glyphosate to improve the efficacy and reduce pollution.
8. Polyether modified silicone oil is a key component in the preparation of self-emulsifying defoamers and delayed coking defoamers in the refining industry.
9. Other unfinished new application areas.
Characteristics of modified silicone oil:
1. It has good lubricity and is suitable for making high-grade cutting fluid.
2. It has a lower surface tension and is suitable as an anti-fogging agent.
3. Better softness and antistatic properties, which is suitable for use as a fabric softener.
4. Good leveling property, which is suitable for addition in a variety of resins (resin for polyurethane, resin for paint, resin for plastics, etc.), can improve the intermolecular stress of these resins, and overcome the shortcomings of these resins themselves to get a new performance.
5. It has good demulsification and is suitable for oil-water separation in some specific occasions.
6. Application in other new fields. Compared with polydimethylsiloxane, this product is miscible with water in any proportion, and is also miscible with polar organic solvents such as alcohol, DMF, ether, ester, etc. It may also be partially or completely compatible with a non-polar solvent such as toluene or an alkane, which is very convenient to use.