Active quartz powder can have the crosslinking reactions with the resin and the curing agent. But it will not promote or retard the curing reaction of the resin and the curing agent system, nor will it affect the casting process. Active quartz powder is widely used in industries such as the casting of medium and high voltage electrical appliances and the packaging of electronic materials. It is a kind of non-toxic, odorless and non-polluting hydrophobic (lipophilic) high-purity white powder, with good temperature resistance, acid and alkali corrosion resistance, poor thermal conductivity, high insulation, low expansion, stable chemical properties, high hardness and other excellent performances. While being used in polyolefin plastics, it will not reduce the MFR value, which has good affinity and does not absorb water, making ordinary plastic products obtain better impact strength, stiffness, and improve physical properties such as cold and heat resistance.
The main uses of silane coupling agents after adding quartz powder: rubber and plastic functional fillers; main material of artificial stone; building structural glue fillers; epoxy resin casting fillers; electrical insulating fillers, etc.
Performance characteristics of silane coupling agents after adding quartz powder:
1. Make old materials reach the impact strength of new materials and new materials reach the impact strength of special engineering materials;
2. In particular, make polyolefin plastics reach or even exceed the impact strength of normal temperature pure polyolefin plastics under low temperature conditions. And it can prevent products from rupture and loss caused by transportation, loading, unloading collisions and accidental drops at low temperatures;
3. Toughening, stiffening, lowering the freezing point temperature, and increasing the heat distortion temperature by 10-15℃;
4. Greatly reduce the cost of product raw materials;
5. Extend the product using life.